Plugsters has developed both Armored & Armored Pro Cat.6a patch cables, which are designed to be used in harsh environments where rats and other rodents potentially damage cables. They are also anti crush and electrical interference resistant and are for outdoor use.
The armored anti rodent fiber optic cable is suitable for use in many places with lots of rats. The armored anti rodent cable is made of a special material and has a special structure. Its special material prevents communication interruption caused by fiber damage in the cable. MTP/MPO fiber cables are widely used in data centers.
So why is it important? An important benefit of cables with steel tape armoring is the relatively low weight compared to cables with steel wire armoring (SWA). This method gives a 100 % effective protection against rodents. The cable has a good flexibility which makes it easy to handle during installation.
1. Interlocking SUS 304 stainless steel armored PE jacket cable for maximum armored protection.
2. PE inner jacket for UV resistant and water proof for outdoor and indoor use.
3. 26AWG regular STP PiMF cable with OD:7.8mm; 32AWG slim STP PiMF cable with OD:5.0mm.
4. Ideally for areas where cables are susceptible to rodent damage, crushing & electrical interference.
5. Fluke DSX 8000 Channel tested @ 500 MHz.